Orgeon Ducks versus Oregon State Beavers - My Lucky Day

If you live in Oregon you know that the biggest day of the year isn't a holiday, its not someones birthday, it has nothing to do with politics or religion.  The biggest day has to do with college football, and a rivalry that divides the state, has the potential to ruin friendships, and might even have ruined a few careers.  The Civil War Game between the University of Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State Beavers ranks as the most important day of the year to all Oregonians and no doubt will have all those who can't get a ticket glued to their TVs.

I will not be tuning in this year.  While i have a great flat screen TV, it won't be full of Orange and Green. No, this year I will be getting up early and heading to Corvallis,the sight of the Civil War.  It seems last night a friend of mine found himself with an extra ticket, and thought of me.  You might say, I am one of the luckiest guys around.  Tomorrow I will make the pilgrimage along with others who are fortunate enough to have a ticket.  While I may have a seat I no doubt will be standing the entire time.  This game is big. 

I did not go to Oregon State or the UofO, but if you live in Oregon you can't help but get caught up in the fun.  I have thrown my hat in with the Oregon Ducks. There is something about an offense that can score three touchdowns in less than 5 minutes, that hold teams to seven points in the fourth quarter.  I love the passing game, and can't sit down after a long explosive run.  That is Oregon football.  Oregon State is equally fun to watch and if I liked the color orange I could just have easily been a Beaver fan.  Regardless, I have been bitten by the bug.  I am caught up in the rivalry, and I am on my way to the game first thing in the morning.  If you are one of the lucky ones I will see you at the game.  If not, i'll be cheering with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment